What causes pain in lower hip?

hi doc I feel pain at lower hip portion on the back side almost every day whenever I do some work out or some kind of household work. During winters the pain becomes very prominent ,I also had x-ray of that portion but the bones seems to be all right. So, could you please help me out with that. Thanks
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later
Brief Answer: needs investigations Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I have read your query. I am sorry about your health concern. I also see that you have had an x-ray of the portion which is normal. One possibility for your pain could be low blood calcium and/or vitamin D levels. I would suggest you to get serum calcium and Vitamin D level tests done firstly. Second, it could be manifestation of arthritis that could be running in the family. Does any of your family member have similar complaints? In such a case, further testing for arthritis needs to be done. I would suggest you to drink a glass of milk daily, along with other calcium rich foods. Hope this helps you. Regards,