What causes pain in lower back and legs?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a broad-based posterior disc bulge at c5/6 level with moderate to high - grade right -sided foraminal stenosis. there is impingement of right C6 nerve root. There is a mild canal stenosis without cord compression. I have already had 3 injection in my neck which does nothing. Could this be the reason that I have weakness in my arms I am also getting pain in my lower back and legs.?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Related to impingement of right C6 nerve root Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have gone through the report attached. Weakness in your arm is related to impingement of right C6 nerve root as this area is supplied by this nerve root. If you are not getting better with epidural injection, surgical decompression is another option by which pressure over nerve root relieved. Discuss this with your spine surgeon. Pain in your lower back and legs could be due to degenerative changes in your lower back. Go for a x-ray/MRI lower spine under supervision of your doctor. Hope this will helps you. Let me know if you have any more concerns.