What causes pain in lower abdomen with fluttering?

HI, im a 49 year old male. i have been having pain on right side lower abdomin with some light fluttering. i have been back and forth to a doctor and one visit ER cause i keep thinking its appendix. they gave me the barium to drink and didnt see my appendix so they called it non specific. i have also had blood drawn and urine taking but nothing shows up. i have no fever either. what can be the cause can it be a form of IBS since nothing shows up thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Causes to pain on right side lower abdomen. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX I have read your medical history carefully and understood your concerns. I am glad to know that the barium enema examination did resulted with no problem together with blood work and urine analysis. You are reporting to have pain on your right lower abdomen with fluttering and a past history of using suppositories to induce bowel movements after accident. If the constipation is still persisting, then, it is one of the causes to your problems. Avoiding constipation can also help you relieve such pain. So, I'd advise to: - drink more water - have more fiber rich foods - keep being physically active as much as you can Another cause could be related to genital problems; I'd suggest to get your prostate and other genital organs checked for further evaluation. An abdominal ultrasound is advised to evaluate the status of all the internal organs together with examination of stool for ova/parasites to exclude intestinal parasitic infections. If all the tests would result normal, then, the final diagnosis would be IBS. All the best! Dr.Klerida