What causes pain in leg and shoulder pain with night sweats and muscle cramps?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I keep getting a sharp pain down my right leg its like electricity and is inside the leg from hip to above the knee, I have the same pain in my innet ankles and a tightness in my neck, it comes and goes and is very painful. I am 32 so I think I must be too young to suffer with athritis but both of my parents have degenerate bone disease. I am also getting cramps over the bridges of my feet and muscle twitches in my arms, thumb and buttocks. It comes and goes but is getting more frequent. I have been having night sweats and im feeling really tired. I am not diabetic. I am almost 4 weeks post tonsillectomy after 11 bouts of quinsy in a year. I am very worried something is wrong. I also get a shock pain in between my houlder blades and under my ribs. This happens daily.
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Consultation with your doctor is must. Detailed Answer: Hi , I have gone through your query. You have mentioned history of severe leg pain upto ankle, shoulder pain, night sweat with muscle cramps and tiredness. In my opinion you should consult your doctor regarding tuberculosis of spine. Your doctor may advise you MRI scan of whole spine to rule out exact site of lesion. It may be pyogenic osteomyelitis also because previously you have pyogenic tonsillitis also. Your doctor after doing your physical examination and analysing your MRI report will advice you further treatment. There are many new drugs in market which your doctor may advise you. So you should not be worried about that. You should not take any drug without prescription of your doctor. I hope you have get your answer. Thanks. Dr.Singh.
Follow-up: What causes pain in leg and shoulder pain with night sweats and muscle cramps? 13 hours later
If I have been immunised with BCG is it still possible for me to get TB. I am getting out of breath easily also. XXXX
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your query. For BCG it has been said that worldwide efficacy is 0-80%.It reduces risk of T.B by 50%.This protection occurs for 10-15 years. So it is clear that after 10-15 years there occurs chances of T.B again if you are living in area which has high number of cases. I hope you have get your answer. Thanks. Dr.Singh.