What causes pain in knees,legs,ankels and feet?

I am 29 and have hypo thyroid and take a dosage of 50 mcg. Recently, my knees, legs, ankels, feet have been paining. when i sit or rest it is fine but once i get up to walk, for a minuite it is difficult to even walk. Please help. What is wrong? Dr XXXXXXX from this forum had answered my query and asked to get some tests done. PFA the reports for reference. Dr. XXXXXXX thank you for the tips. Could you please help me, what dosage should i take for thyroid as per my reports?
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Deficiency needs correction.... Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX I went through the reports attached. You seem to have low hemoglobin along with marginally vitamin D deficiency. Besides that the TSH level is not in the ideal limits. These deficiency may be the cause of pain. I would suggest that you get these deficiency treated. I would start: 1. Iron and folic acid pills for couple of months 2. Encourage you to have plenty of green leaves, egg yolk, meat, cheese and other fortified products. 3. In view of high TSH, I would increase your thyroid dosages further. You can include these tips after discussing with your treating doctor. Further as your complaints are localised only to lower limbs, it may be worthwhile to get a detailed physical examination to rule out back and lower limb vascular pathologies. Visit your doctor, perhaps you may have more than these identified deficiencies. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. The idea is to get TSH as close to 2 and 3. Therefore if I were to be your treating doctor I would increase it to 75mcg. Discuss with your treating doctor before making any changes. You will need regular follow ups to keep TSH and T3/T4 levels in limits. Low thyroid hormones will cause muscular pains Regards