What causes pain in forehead and around eyes due to frequent nose draining with greenish white cough?

Hi I am having congestion in my throat and nose due to cough sputum. My cough colour is greenish white. I had since last 4 days and I have been doing gargling and drinking warm water. It has reduced but not gone. Now I get pain in forehead and around eyes due to frequent nose draining. I do not have dry coughing though.
Posted Thu, 9 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Add steam inhalation... Detailed Answer: Hi, I would be interested to know if you are running fever. The symptoms that you describe represents upper respiratory tract infection. It also seems that your sinuses are affected due to it. In this instance the best remedy is steam inhalation. I suggest my patients to inhale warm steam three times a day. You can add vicks or karvol plus capsule contents to the water and inhale for better results. If the symptoms are severe, I might also consider adding a course of antibiotics such as azithromycin to prevent secondary bacterial contamination. In a nutshell, the symptoms seem concerning. It should be treated more effectively with steam inhalation with or without antibiotics. You can consult a doctor nearby for antibiotic therapy. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards