What causes pain in ankles and wrist?

Dec 2012

Hi I just started experiencing a very sharp pain in my ankles and right wrist, along with the pain is weakness, as if my ankles will give out enough for me to fall. My wrist does not need to bear weight just using it causes severe pain. Did not have any of this yesterday.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Polyarticular joints pain has several causes Detailed Answer: Hello, thanks for posting on XXXXXXX You are having multiple joints pain (polyarthralgia) which might be due to one of several known causes. The causes of arthralgia are varied and range, from a joints perspective, from degenerative and destructive processes such as osteoarthritis and sports injuries to inflammation of tissues surrounding the joints, such as bursitis. These might be triggered by other things, such as infections or vaccinations. Common causes include: Non-inflammatory - osteoarthritis - fibromyalgia Inflammatory - Rheumatoid arthritis, reactive arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, enteropathic arthropathy, polymyalgia rheumatic, systemic lupus erythematoses (SLE) etc - Septic arthritis In order to treat your sudden onset polyarticular pain, the cause will need to be identified and treated. But generally, in most situation either analgesia or antiinflammatory medications are used to subside the pain. I appreciate the fact that you mentioned that you are working on your weight, as a matter of fact, your weight will play an important role in subsiding the pain and improving your overall quality of life. Hope this helps and wish you the best. Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: What causes pain in ankles and wrist? 3 hours later
Thank you. I have signed up on WWW.WWWW.WW and placed a bid on my weight loss. I too think my weight is an issue. It was just the onset, one minute no pain the next stabbing pain. I will take steps to reduce the inflammation. Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Your welcome Detailed Answer: That is absolutely a great idea. Trying cutting out your weight and see how you feel. As for the pain, you will need to get some pain killers/treatment. Regards Dr. Nsah