What causes pain in abdomen on left side when suffering from kidney cyst and enlarged prostrate?

51 yr old male 165 lbs 5'11". Any recommendations for determining the cause of my pain in upper left quadrant of abdomen. Test results? CBC W/ AUTO DIFFERENTIAL shows RBC 4.2(low), Monocytes Relative 11 (max/range), Hemoglobin 14.0 (min/range), MCV 99 (high), Vitamin D low at 21, WBC 4.2 (low in range), Platelets 176 (low in range). Forgot to mention. 1.5 cm cyst found in left kidney from C/T scan approx 2008. Also slightly enlarge prostate with coarse calcification found in C/T scan in 2008.
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Brief Answer: get abdomen ultrasound, cbc and physician review Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Welcome to Healthcare magic. The pain abdomen on left side can be due to gastritis, enlarged spleen, kidney ureter problems or diverticulitis etc. Ideally you should get evaluated by a local physician and get an ultrasound of abdomen and complete blood counts, peripheral blood smear, stool for ova and cyst. You have WBC in lower range and MCV in upper range this indicates folic acid and vitamin B12 deficiency, your vitamin D levels are also low. So you need a multivitamin supplement having all these vitamins and also ensure balanced diets, exercises and sun exposure. I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: What causes pain in abdomen on left side when suffering from kidney cyst and enlarged prostrate? 40 hours later
Does this change anything in your recommendation? CBC W/ AUTO DIFFERENTIAL - done about 2 weeks ago. Component Results COMPONENT YOUR VALUE STANDARD RANGE UNITS WBC 4.2 3.4 - 10.8 K/mm3 RBC 4.20 4.30 - 6.10 M/mm3 Hemoglobin 14.0 14.0 - 18.0 g/dL Hematocrit 41.6 38.0 - 49.0 % MCV 99.0 80.0 - 96.0 fL MCH 33.4 26.0 - 34.0 pg MCHC 33.8 32.0 - 36.0 g/dL RDW 13.3 11.5 - 14.5 % MPV 8.6 6.0 - 9.5 fL Platelets 176 150 - 440 K/mm3 Neutrophils Relative 41 24 - 75 % Lymphocytes Relative 45 14 - 65 % Monocytes Relative 11 0 - 11 % Eosinophils Relative 3 0 - 6 % Basophils Relative 0 0 - 2 % Neutrophils Absolute 1.7 2.2 - 4.8 K/mm3
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 days later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: Brief answer: Recommendations remain the same. Detail answer: Hello, I have gone through the CBC report. My recommendations would remain the same. Most important is to get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen done to rule out the cause. Get well soon.