What causes pain from the upper groin to the hip area when coughing?

I have been having a sharp steady pain that moves from the upper groin, to The hip area, siince last XXXXXXX I have had several tests includinng Pelvic ct's and exrays, Mri's of the back and so on. All have come back negative, I notice that the pain started in the outer hip area and now feels more like in upper groin, When I cough especially I feel like a pulling in that area, That goes from the Groin to the Hip. Any idea what it could be ?
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hernia is a possibility Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Hernia is one of the possibility. When it is impending this causes pain in certain cases which is sharp and radiates from groin to hip. It increases on cough as well. It may not be apparant on CT but canbbe identified by proper physical examination. The other possibility is mild torsion of testis. This also causes similar pain which increases on coughing. This can be diagnosed by doing a doppler test. Most other causes might have been ruled out by a MRI of hip and groin. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: What causes pain from the upper groin to the hip area when coughing? 4 minutes later
I did have Pelvis ct's and pelvic MRI Done recently, Would a Ultrasound of the groin be a god choice ? as The pain does move from the groin to the hip. I have never had the test done as yet PS I did have a testilce removed Last year left, side that had 3 masses, The Right testicle was rechecked a Month ago and was cleared of any defects. I am curious how you feel about getting the ultrasound done pf the groin however, Just incase that could be the source of the pain
Brief Answer: USG of groin should be done Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the add on information. Yes it is possible for the structures in groin to cause this pain. There is a spermatic cord, peritoneal fascias nerves and vessles going through the groin which can cause the pain. Also if there is hernia a usg with cough stimulus may help. You should consider getting a usg of groin done. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD