What causes pain from belly button to vagina with difficulty in urination?

Hello Doctor, History: TWINS and 5th month of pregnency XXXXXXX [My wife] is having pain starting FROM the part from where URINE comes out TO the part where abdomal center point is available [Dont know the specific word for it and I hope u will understand it]. Also very less URINE is coming and having pain after that process. Frequency of pain: In last 3 days three times happned. Sunday morning, Monday evening and today morning. Little worried about this Pain .. please suggest. Thanks, XXXX
Posted Sat, 22 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: She needs to see a doctor. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. You should consult her treating doctor immediately for examination and investigation to rule out the cause. In my opinion she needs urine examination and ultrasonography test because most probably her problem is due to urine infection. Ultrasonography in addition to test for infection will also check her baby heart beat, movement and growth. I would also advise the following: 1) Drink a lot of water with some glucose in it. 2) Tab duvadilon will be helpful (discuss with your doctor before using). 3) Go for blood sugar test and blood pressure should be checked. 4) Meftal spas tablet and Bed rest Hope this helps. If you have further question I will be happy to help you. Good luck. Regards Dr.Richa