What causes pain between bicep and tricep?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have been having pain between my bicep and tricep for a couple of weeks. If someone would squeeze my arm it would send me through the roof as well as a really bad tenderness in my ribs right under my armpit in my rib cage on my right side. It doesn't hurt when i move just if it is touched.
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Can be due to muscle sprain or tear. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The pain that you have is likely to be due to a muscle sprain or a muscle fibers tear due to an injury or exertion. Since the pain is persistent for last couple of weeks it needs to be investigated. MRI scan is the investigation of choice to detect any such soft tissue abnormalities. In the meanwhile, for symptomatic relief: 1. Give enough rest to your hand and arm muscle. 2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen. 3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help. 4. Hot compresses to your arm will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL