What causes pain below the rib cage?

i have some pain in my left side below the rib cage that comes and goes with fullnes in my left groin its an uncomfortable feeling along with some left belly sensations... sometimes feel light headed what can it be .... had some trouble sleeping last night
Posted Fri, 28 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide more of your medical data... Detailed Answer: Your pain below the rib cage on your left might be related to: - constipation - IBS - uro-genital problems (infection, prostate concerns) - arthritis I strongly suggest to: - do an abdominal ultrasound - run urine analysis and complete blood profile - PSA - arthritis blood tests Depending on the lab results, specific treatment will be prescribed. Furthermore, I'd gently like to have more of your medical data: - do you have changes in bowel movements - problems during urination - if the pain you are having is alleviated after passing the motion Thank you! Dr.Klerida