What causes pain around mid back and ribs which radiates into the diaphragm?
User rating for this question
I have a had an excruciating pain burning around my mid back and ribs which is radiating into my diaphragm for the last three days and is keeping me from sleep. could this be related to smoking and ought i have a chest x ray?
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: MRI thoracic spine, HRCT [CHEST] Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Due to compression of this nerve root there is pain in your back and chest. Due to occlusion of vessels there can be burning sensation. This can be related to smoking also. I will advise you to do MRI thoracic spine, HRCT [CHEST] and EMG- NCV [nerve conduction study] X ray may not show details. For these symptoms analgesic and neurotropic medication can be started. Till time, avoid lifting weights, Sit with support to back. You can consult physiotherapist for help. Physiotherapy like ultrasound and interferential therapy will give quick relief. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care.
People also viewed
- What causes back pain radiating to groin area
- Treatment and cure for Ovarian cancer
- Diagnosis of Ovarian cancer
- Lumbar diffuse posterior spondylitic protrusion
- What causes lower back pain which radiates down to legs
- Prolapsed disc how effect my life
- Treatment and cure for Fifth toe
- Cause for stomach pain which radiates to the back
- What causes severe back pain that radiates to the leg
- Herniated disc trouble erection
- Dla for slip discs
- Treatment and cure for Bug bite
- What causes persisting mid back pain
- Nadiad doctor for slip disc
- Treatment and cure for Heat illness