What causes pain and swelling in thighs and knees?

I am57 year old women with 90 kg. weight. Diagnised as non diabetic 10 months back.Since past 2 weeks I observed that my thighs are becoming hardat some places and unable to walk freely . It aggrevates when I stand more time and work in kitchen. I have taken Aseclofenac MR upto 10 tablets so far. But after discontinuation again problem repeated.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Need some moe details Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I need some more details like Is there any swelling around the ankle ? Are the swollen legs warmer than normal? Does the swelling pit on applying pressure with a finger ? Are you on any long term medications? Are you an Hypertensive(high Blood pressure)? Did Aceclofenac MR help ? Waiting for your reply,
Follow-up: What causes pain and swelling in thighs and knees? 14 hours later
There is swelling around the ankle. At times swollen legs are warmer.Also feeling of warmness in the body is frequent. Swelling does not pit when pressed with finger. yes I am hypertensive and on medication since 2002 onwards. It is sure that when taken AseclofenacMR pain is relieved and after about 2 days of discontinuation hardness of muscles in left thigh muscles including muscles just over and above knee is observed associated with pain. This has been since Dec 2013. Other than medication for hypertension ie covance D of Ranbaxy ,only Asceclofenac SR and AsceclofenacMR is frequently taken. pl. Diagnose and suggest me to get cured.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Non specific Myositis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the information. Considering the facts above, I suspect that inflammation is the cause for the pain and swelling in the muscles. This is supported by relief found after taking Antiinflammatory drug like aceclofenac. The cause of this inflammation in the muscle has to be found to cure the condition completely. I suggest you to get tests like C reactive protein and ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate). These tests provide an idea into the diagnosis. Meanwhile do continue on aceclofenac. Regards,