What causes pain and swelling below knees after mopping?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My wife is 26 year old , and she used to do household work at her own. during mopping she felt lots of pain and swelling in her legs below knees. I am unable to understand the reason. is there any specific disease or something else..
Posted Sun, 26 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: She may be suffering from infrapatellar bursitis Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. As per history she may be suffering from infrapatellar bursitis which is common due to kneeling down position for longer time. She needs clinical examination from orthopaedic surgeon. If she was my patient I would have advised her rest, analgesic and anti-inflammatory, ice fomentation. If all these do not relieve pain then local injection can be given. Surgery is last modality if required. Physiotherapy with USG [ultrasound] and TENS may help to reduce swelling. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care