What causes pain and strange movement in ribs caused after sneezing hard?

The other night I sneezed very hard and I felt a sharp pain on my right side of my rib cage. Anytime I moved, I was in pain. When I got home I applied Mineral Ice, a blue cream for pain relieve and it worked. It only hurts a little when I cough. The problem is Now when I touch my right side of my rib cage, I feel something moving like if it was a bone. Did I break or dislocated a bone?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: No sign for broken/dislocated bone,wait few days.. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You are saying to have had a hard sneeze the other night. I am glad to come to know that the Mineral ice worked. The pain most likely due to "muscle strain" when you sneezed. It should disappear in a few days. If you notice that the pain is worse or notice other unusual problem, should consult your physician as you might need to do X-ray. For the time being, there is no sign you report as per dislocated/broken bone. Wait few days until improvement and keep applying Mineral ice. Hope it answered to your query! Dr.Alba