Ask a Urologist   »  

What causes pain and pressure in groin and pelvic area?

I have noticed a few times now that if I become aroused and then do not engage in sexual activity shortly thereafter, I begin to feel a lot of pain an pressure in my groin area that travels up to my pelvic area and lower back. Any idea what this could be?
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: groin area pain and pressure Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX pain and pressure in groin and pelvic area can be from many causes. mostly these symptoms can point to prostatitis. Prostate inflammation and infection can be diagnosed with urine routine examination, PSA blood test and digital rectal examination(DRE). You should contact your doctor for evaluation. Do you have burning sensation in passing urine? Do you have constipation or any bowel problem? it can even be psychological because of persistent thought of incomplete act. Just tightening of pelvic musculature in pre-ejaculation stage can also give this sensation. i would say if basic exam is normal you can stop worrying about it. If there is any further query please write-in. Best Wishes
Follow-up: What causes pain and pressure in groin and pelvic area? 44 hours later
Hi - I know it is not prostatitis for sure - as I have had that before. This is pain that specific to the testicles and radiates to the pelvic area and lower back.
Answered by Dr. Ravi Bansal 46 hours later
Brief Answer: testicular pain. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX sorry i was traveling and could not take your question. Prostatis can sometimes be very subtle and you may not have acute symptoms, we can not exclude it on your past experience. But nevertheless we should explore other possibilities. There are a host of disease which can affect the pelvic and groin area including epididmytis, orchitis, varicocele, hydrocele and inflammatory disorders. to diagnose them we need to have a pelvic and scrotal ultrasound and urine routine testing. without these their is no way to rule out any disease process. if these are normal and symptoms are limited to only few minutes ( Transient). Then there is no need to chase them further. i sincerely feel you should get checked by your doctor and the above investigations done. best wishes.