What causes pain and inflamation in the lower stomach across the hip?

Question
I HAVE PAIN LIKE AN IMFLAMATION IN THE LOWER STOMACH FROM HIP TO HIP..BURNING IN THE TOP OF THE LEGS TOO. standing no pain in tum or legs..sitting or lying pain returns to the top of legs and the pelvic area.....did the hospital visit they can't put finger on my problem. Have small ovarian cyst on left side to be removed in 12 days..
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sciatica. Need CT and MRI lumbar spine to confirm. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. These problems are due to Sciatica. This is due to the irritation of the nerve supplying the lower limb called sciatic nerve. It is mostly caused by slipped spinal disc. You need further examination and tests like CT and MRI lumbar spine to confirm the diagnosis. It the investigations shows any slipped disc, then it is to be operated to get relief from such pain. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.

Follow-up: What causes pain and inflamation in the lower stomach across the hip? 15 hours later
Thank you for your prompt reply. noticed burning sensation on the top of feet. have been constipated for several days would this apply to my other symptoms. thank you I wait for your reply.

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 39 hours later
Brief Answer: Constipation may be cause. Water, fiber, Exercise. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. As you have Constipation for several days, it may be cause for your Sciatica. Straining at stool may increase the intra-abdominal pressure and could cause increased strain in the sciatic nerve. Drink plenty of water. Eat plenty of fiber rich fruits and vegetables. Exercise regularly. If these are not helpful, then CT and MRI lumbar spine is essential to rule out any slipped disc. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.