What causes pain above left eye while bending or coughing?

What is the cause of pain above my left eye when I bend over, cough, sneeze, or strain in any way? I have had a MRI, MRA, spinal tab and they found nothing.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Frontal sinusitis... Detailed Answer: Hi, Chronic frontal sinusitis is the closest possible diagnosis I will give you based on the symptoms you described. The next possibility is a non specific pain unrelated to any organic pathology. As you had the MRI scan, you can either visit a radiologist or ENT surgeon and discuss the scan films again. They should carefully look into the various sinus cavities and provide an opinion. I would suggest to start treatment after confirming the condition. Hence in my opinion the next best step is to consult the ENT doctor or radiologist and discuss your scan report. If needed new scans of sinus cavity sections need to be performed. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Regards
Follow-up: What causes pain above left eye while bending or coughing? 2 days later
Thank you for your answer. My nose will start running for a whole day or so every week. Then it is ok and I do not have a cold. Is this another system of the sinus trouble you think I have.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes, the frontal sinus... Detailed Answer: Hi, Presence of runny nose with ache above eye is most likely from an inflamed frontal sinus. While steam inhalational, nasal decongestant and a painkillers may be used as treatment, you may be the frontal sinus checked by an ENT specialist. Hope I was helpful. Please close this discussion if you don't need further clarifications. Best wishes