What causes occasional dull headache?

I have a localised headache ( not serve) but dull ache on the left rear of my head just up behind my ear - an occasionally I get a sharp pain in the same side of my head last a few seconds only - is this tension headache? Transaction ref 7cu79502AR064270c I'm not prone to headaches normally
Posted Thu, 16 Jan 2014 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: sounds benign headache Detailed Answer: Hi The description sounds benign headache something tension or dehydration related headache. Low blood sugar and sleepless XXXXXXX can cause similar headaches sometimes. I also suggest to measure the blood sugar, blood pressure and heart rate during the episode of headache. Please see a local doctor immediately if you have any one of the following or all of the following. Blurring of vision, vomiting or weakness in the face or one side of the body. For bearable headache you can wait to take a pain reliever like Oral Acetaminophen 500mg. Hope this is useful.