What causes numbness in the navel?

Question
I woke up with numbness on my left side from my belly button around to my lower back a few days ago now I also have pain in my lower back and am feeling nauseated.
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Discussion follows

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for your query.
Your symptoms may be due to different causes. One reason may pinched nerves in the back . Another is a urinary infection. It may also occur in relation to the gastrointestinal tract.
Do let me know if you have symptoms like burning when you pass urine, bowel disturbances or burning in the abdomen etc to enable me to give a more precise opinion.

Follow-up: What causes numbness in the navel? 2 hours later
There is no burning when I pass urine and no bowel disturbance. What can I do for a pinched nerve?

Brief Answer:
Discussion continued

Detailed Answer:
You should be careful about your posture, avoid bending forward, sleep on firm bed and avoid lifting weights. You could use a muscle relaxant like relaxon and Neurontin ( gabapentin ) for pain relief. It is better to avoid NSAIDs as far as possible. Physiotherapy also would be helpful.