What causes numbness in my hands?
User rating for this question
Hi, I keep waking during the night or morning with numb hands which is uncomfortable but I XXXXXXX t get the pins and needles pain ,also my hands go numb when holding things up for too long like pool leaf skimmer,what could be causing this? Not sure if it is related but I have been also getting mild dizzy spells!
Posted Mon, 3 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Numb hands and feet Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to healthcare magic, Numbness of hands and feet could be due to peripheral neuropathy especially in view of dizzy spells. Causes of peripheral neuropathy is a lot but the common causes are Diabetes, Hypertension, Anemia, Vitamin deficiencies and hypothyroidism. I feel you should see a physician and get routine check up including blood investigations to rule out the above. Some times certain positions while sleeping can compress your cutaneous nerves causing numbness. Also holding something tightly for sometime can compress cutaneous nerves causing numbness. Nevertheless it is safer to rule out the common causes of peripheral neuropathy. Hope this helped, Take care.
People also viewed
- Child with pain in the tailbone anything to be done
- Period is late tiredness and nausea how to avoid pregnancy
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- What is evion forte capsule
- Conflicting pregnancy test reports need medication for abortion
- What causes painswelling and numbness in hands
- Birth asphyxia requested cpk abnormal what can we expect
- Evion capsule make skin fair
- Use of evion capsule on tongue
- What causes numbness in right hand
- What causes light headedness and numb hands
- What causes numbness and tingling sensation in my hands
- Can evion capsule used for pigmentation
- Sore breasts in cold weather pregnant
- How capsule sujat useful