What causes numbness in hand and leg with dizziness and vomiting?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hi, I am taking ‘Nuroxind-LC’ tablet from last one month as per suggestion from my doctor. I had Numbness in my hand and leg. During this period I suffered with Gastric after taking the tablet so I took ‘Pan-D’ also as suggested by my doctor. During this period I had burning sensation in my stomach and high heart beat, anxiety. After one month I stopped taking the tablet and its fine for 20 days, now once again I am facing the same issue. I have Numbness in my hand and leg, dizziness and vomit like feeling (though no vomit came out), not feeling hungry. I have done blood test, urine test, Ultra sound, ECG but nothing is wrong. Could you please let me know what may be the reason or any specific test which i need to go?
Posted Fri, 28 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chander Mohan Singh 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Consult orthopedic surgeon. Detailed Answer: Hi, I have read your problem. You haven't mentioned which blood tests you have got done. If serum uric acid, RA factor, fasting blood sugar, E.S.R, C.R.P etc are normal then you should get x-ray cervical spine and lumbo-sacral spine done in AP and Lateral view. You should discus it with orthopedic surgeon. He will do your physical examination and advise you treatment accordingly. X-rays will tell about the disc space and present condition of vertebrae. Your doctor may advise you MRI scan of whole spine to know the condition of various nerves and soft-tissue. Dizziness and vomiting in your case seems due to cervical disc prolapse, numbness may be due to same or due to carpel tunnel syndrome in your case. Leg numbness may be due to disc prolapse in lumbar area. At last I would like to say that , only after tallying reports of above mentioned tests and physical examination, your diagnosis can be made. I hope you have got your answer. If you have found my answer excellent then please you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer 5 points for me, so that I get a good feedback. Thanks. Dr.Singh.