What causes numbness and weakness in left arm?

Infertility Specialist
This afternoon I experienced numbness, tingling and weakness first in my left arm and then in my right. I was in a meeting so tried to ignore it. After a minute or so, it went away. I didn't think about it until later after my scheduled patients were done for the day. Now I am concerned. I am 59 years old. diabetic type 2. I'm thinking of contacting my doctor tomorrow. Would this be the best course of action?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: ECG Detailed Answer: Hi, Considering your history vascular disease risk exists. Hence an ECG would be simple and effective way to rule out myocardial infarction before any other tests to check if you had a mild heart attack. So please consider an ECG ( Also called EKG in some countries) today itself. These short episodes of numbness are likely to be due to postural variation and not much significant. I advice for ECG considering your medical history of diabetes and hypertension. Let me know if you have any more queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol