What causes numbness and tingling in face,left arm, fingers and left side of chest?

Hi at night when I lie down my heart starts beating really fast and I have lack of feeling and tingling in face and left arm and some around chest. The other day went to doctor heart felt like it was beating fast and tingling still there in arm and fingers. Doctor took blood pressure on one arm them on the other I was very light headed. Then sent me to nurse for bloods to be taken. I was so light headed nearly passed out. Put me on bed and did heart trace said it was fine. Took blood pressure said it was 150/98. I am waiting for mri scan so doctor told me to tell neurologist I had been out with him. Can u help'
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 3 hours later
Brief Answer: May be the warning signs of stroke. Need few answe Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Now you are experiencing the warning signs and symptoms of stroke 1. Numbness and tingling in the face, left arm, fingers and left side of chest. 2. Dizziness 3. Fast beating heart ( It may be a atrial fibrillation) You are also Hypertensive. Your blood pressure is 150/98. Normally it should be below 140/90. I would like to have few answers. Do you have any heart disease, diabetes? Have you undergone any blood tests or health check up recently? and results? Have you experienced any similar symptoms before ? Does your treating doctor took ECG the day of the symptoms? what he told? Do you have any arm weakness upper or lower? Do you have any difficulty in speech or slurry? Does one side of the face droop? Whether the fast heart beat is continuous or intermittent or occasional? Are you on any medications? Please reply. Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What causes numbness and tingling in face,left arm, fingers and left side of chest? 47 hours later
My ecg was normal as were the bloods that were taken. I have had tingling feeling around my torso occassionaly. Also i have had lose of feeling in my tongue and my left arm has had weakness from the elbow down. The fast heartbeat is occassional. I have had the tingling feeliing on left side before but not the fast heartbeat just the feeling that i am unable to breath.
Brief Answer: Typical signs of Stroke. Holter, CT and MRI brain. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your reply. As I suspected earlier, These are the signs of Stroke. The Occasional Fast Heart Beat may be due to Paroxysmal Supra Ventricular Tachycardia. To confirm the PVST, ECG is not enough. You need further investigation called Holter Monitoring. This is the 24 hour ECG monitoring also called Ambulance ECG monitoring. As you are experiencing the typical signs of stroke. You need immediate Neurological as well as Cardiologist evaluation. You also need further investigations like CT and MRI brain to rule out or Identify the Stroke. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.