What causes numbness and pain in fingers?
User rating for this question
This enquires are on behalf of my father.his right fingers have gone numb over the last 3 mnths,starting, to lose feelings, like pins and needles all the time.occasionally a sharp pain from underneath his armpit 2 his elbow, suffers from athriits. Cannot hold things in his hands for long, they just fall out without him knowing I am yet to get his medical history, medication, allergies etc What kind of medical records would you like to see?
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer: MRI of the cervical spine urgently Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for a nice history. With the specific complaints pertaining to only right upper limb, I would think of a problem in the cervical spine. With the history like this , he needs to get his MRI of the cervical spine done on an urgent basis. This can be due to inter-vertebral discs compressing on the right side of the spinal cord and causing all the typical symptoms. If possible send us the medical history , medications , allergies, medical records whenever possible. Please ask him to get a consultation of a Neurologist at the earliest, Who on clinical examination can help Him more with another tests.
People also viewed
- Dizziness and sore eyes
- Wind and diarrhea and 14 weeks pregnant
- Best medicine levipil or tegretol
- Yellow whitish brown spots discharge
- Getting numbness on finger what is the cause
- Prolonged use of eptoin 10mg
- Gla deficiency therapy
- Stroke related to lifting weights
- Parkinsons lip twitch
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- Levosulpiride and parkinsons
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes severe pain in shoulders and numbness in fingers
- Yellow spot inside foreskin
- What is the cause of numbness in fingers with diabetes