What causes numbness and pain in feet at night during sleep ?
User rating for this question
I am a 77 yr old woman who woke up last night with a numb left foot & then pain in it....it later continued up my leg. I have taken a couple of aspirins & applied heat & it seems to feel somewhat better.
Posted Mon, 20 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Kerry Pottinger 1 hour later
Brief Answer: May be circulation problem. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Having read the details of your symptoms and your medical history I have concerns that this may be a problem with your circulation. Although it is rare, you may be experiencing arterial insufficiency caused by an embolus. I suggest you go to the ER. You may need a scan to identify any blockage to your circulation. I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Regards, Dr K A Pottinger, MBChB. FRCA.
People also viewed
- Prescribed buprenorphine before starting suboxone not having withdrawal suggest
- Fever and red spots on body
- Fever on one side of body
- What causes swelling and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in hands and feet at night with altitude
- Having rectocele do i need a surgery
- Can fluctuating body temperatue be serious
- Can i use niaspin instead of slo- niacin
- Noticed blood during bowel movements painful could this be hemorrhoids
- Have had blood test done what does report mean
- What causes painful bruise on knuckle and numbness in feet
- What causes numbness in facelipshandsfingers and feet
- Restless leg hot flash lower body
- Poison fishy body odor
- What causes burningstabbing pain and numbness in feet