What causes numbness and pain after a catheter ablation?
User rating for this question
I had an ablation two days ago. Yesterday i felt tightness and numbness in the botton of my leg. When I got up there was a quick pain as if i was pulling something inside the leg, opposite to theankle bone region.. IMy heart medication was discontinued and I am only taking the blood thinner and diabetes meds. (Medformin,Januvia) any reason why the leg feels that way?
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Catheter or Radio frequency ablation? What for? Detailed Answer: Hello. What for you have undergone ablation and where? Whether it is for Atrial flutter or other causes? What ablation either Catheter or Radiofrequency ablation? If catheter ablation, Do you have numbness in catheter inserted leg? Waiting for your response.
Follow-up: What causes numbness and pain after a catheter ablation? 7 hours later
Catherer ablation to control the arrythmia. St XXXXXXX Heart Hospital XXXXXXX ga. is at the bottom of the foot . The catherer were inserted in the groin area both sides.
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 25 hours later
Brief Answer: May be a arterial occlusion in leg. Pulse ,Doppler Detailed Answer: Hello, The numbness and pain may be due to the complication of catheter ablation. These symptoms may be due to Arterial occlusion in leg arteries after the procedure. Please consult your treating cardiologist and check the pulses in leg and doppler ultrasound of your lower limbs to rule out any arterial occlusion. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Cotidian life with klippel feil syndrome
- Costochondritis after catheter ablation
- A loop of cord is seen on three sides of the neck
- Constipated after catheter ablation
- Arm pain bicep swelling after exercising is this normal
- Exercise after a catheter ablation
- What causes numbness and pain after a catheter ablation
- Arm fractures sore arm bruised dislocation
- Cracking inside my right knee
- Feeling nausea yellowish vaginal discharge pregnancy chances
- Long term effect of costochondritis
- Blood in stool after a change in diet need cure
- Having chest and stomach pain what could be the cause
- Nosebleed after catheter ablation
- Sports related to condyloid