What causes numbness and discoloration in the bottom of my forefinger?

having discoloration in the bottom of the forefinger had a stent put in the LAD five weeks ago is this a concern? His forefinger gets really dark underneath and gets numb, this has happened about five times today should this be a concern?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 42 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I will suggest you to see your treating doctor early as this could be digital ischemia , colour change in the finger occurs when the blood flow is compromised . There can be multiple reasons for it and cannot be pointed out one as it will require investigations . A USG Doppler of the upper limb is recommended on the side where the finger is affected to judge the blood flow to the hand . It can be a reaction to anticoagulants also . It can also be a sign of peripheral vascular disease . In my opinion you should see a doctor as early as possible . Take care. Dr. Shruti