What causes nose dryness with ear pressure and chest pain?

ENT Specialist
There is phlegm stuck at the top of my esophagus. I can feel it as pressure under the roof of my mouth. I am experiencing pain the centre of my chest. I feel pressure behind my ears at the back of my skull. And my nose is dry and sore. What is this?
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: can be coming down with the flu Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I feel you are coming down with the flu. Dryness of the nose typically occurs just befor a cold. Headache behind ears can occur in sinus infections. Foreign body sensation and chest pain can be explained by acidity and reflux. Do not worry, Drink lots of water and get plenty ofrest. You can take an antacid for the chest pain and pain killers like ibuprofen for pain behind ears. If indeed it turns out to be flu then in a couple of days rest of the symptoms will arise which can be treated as required. People experience such varied symptoms when they are about to come down with viral infections.
Follow-up: What causes nose dryness with ear pressure and chest pain? 28 minutes later
Other than my sinus issues i do not feel any other symptoms of the flu.
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 7 hours later
Brief Answer: can be the beginning of a cold Detailed Answer: Hi again, It can be early rhinosinusitis - infection of nose and the sinuses since you have pressure in roof of mouth as well as dry nose. At this point you can take only symptomatic treatment and follow some general measures. Antibiotics can be started only after 6 days of cold and not before that. General measure s to be followed are- 1) Drink 3 -4 litres of water everyday. 2) Avoid air conditioning. 3) Avoid cold foods and drinks. 4) Have plenty of vitamin c rich fruits like oranges, sweet lime and lemons. 5) Have hand full of zinc rich nuts like walnuts or almonds everyday. And most importantly do steam inhalation 4 times daily with plain water. It helps to keep the sinuses open and draining. Apart from that you can take pain killers. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.