What causes nose bleeding?
User rating for this question
my mother started having a nose bleed this morning it stopped for a few minutes but started up again she is 82 yrs old any suggestions
Posted Tue, 18 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: 2 possible causes. High BP or plavix. Nasal examin Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. There are two possible causes for his nose bleed. 1. High blood pressure - As she is already Hypertensive. At times blood pressure may be high and it may cause nose bleed. Then her body may adjusted and bleeding may be stopped on it own by regulation 2. As she is on Plavix ( Clopidogrel), it may be cause for her nose bleed. Because Clopidogrel may Inhibits platelets which allow your blood to clot. Further for her age, we have to rule out the other possible causes such as Nasal polyps or Nasal cancer. There is a possibility of Simple nasal congestion aggravated by either high blood pressure or Clopidogrel lead to nose bleed. This can be easily ruled out by simple nasal examination by ENT physician. If her high blood pressure is the cause, then dose of his Antihypertensive drugs should be adjusted and Her Blood pressure should be brought under control to avoid further bleeding in future. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
People also viewed
- Blood pressure for over 65 years males
- End stage mets in women over 65
- What causes unexpected nose bleeds
- Energy drink cause runny nose?
- High esr 65 low rbc
- What causes nose bleeds
- Exercise for a man 65 old
- What causes frequent nose bleeds
- Foul smelling plaques nasopharynx
- Sore nose from snorting pills
- Ideal weight for 65 year old man
- What causes continuous nose bleeds
- Mushy top of mouth
- Thick mucus plug stuck in throat
- What causes daily nose bleeds