What causes nose bleeding after head injury?
User rating for this question
My four year old son was wrestling with my nephew- he fell back and hurt his head . He cried but was easily calmed down. Thirty min after his injury he went to bed- no complaint of his head hurting. Four hours later I woke him up to check on him and have him go potty. His nose began to bleed out of one nostril. Not a huge amount - it just streamed out- I wiped it away and then some more. It seems to have stopped. He took awhile to.fully wake up but when he did there wasn't any confusion or pain. He was in a deep sleep though. Is this something I should take him to the ER for? What else should I look for?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: MRI head will be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should get his MRI or CT SCAN of head done. Nasal bleed is possible after head injury. It should be properly investigated. Since your child is otherwise normal, it seems to be not an emergency but still get him clinically examined. I hope this is helpful to you. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Sudden headaches and nose bleeds 6 days after head injury
- Oxy elite pro side effects urinate
- Marijuana effects on kidneys
- What causes nose bleeding after head injury
- Saying things in my head that are worrying and nasty
- Marijuana effects retinitis pigmentosa
- What is the cause for fever after a head injury
- M2 tone syrup side effects
- Is it possible to have my feet narrowed
- Head injury and nose bleed
- After getting a head injury my grand son is restless
- Got pencrititus what should i do for it
- I feel pain in upper thigh
- Want to know about microgynon side effects
- Nose bleed after head injury