What causes nose bleeding after head injury?
User rating for this question
My four year old son was wrestling with my nephew- he fell back and hurt his head . He cried but was easily calmed down. Thirty min after his injury he went to bed- no complaint of his head hurting. Four hours later I woke him up to check on him and have him go potty. His nose began to bleed out of one nostril. Not a huge amount - it just streamed out- I wiped it away and then some more. It seems to have stopped. He took awhile to.fully wake up but when he did there wasn't any confusion or pain. He was in a deep sleep though. Is this something I should take him to the ER for? What else should I look for?
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: MRI head will be helpful. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should get his MRI or CT SCAN of head done. Nasal bleed is possible after head injury. It should be properly investigated. Since your child is otherwise normal, it seems to be not an emergency but still get him clinically examined. I hope this is helpful to you. Thanks.
People also viewed
- Sudden headaches and nose bleeds 6 days after head injury
- Internal bleeding due to waxing
- Internal bleeding due to mastabation
- What causes nose bleeding after head injury
- Symptoms of organ spasm
- Symptoms of traumatic iritis
- What is the cause for fever after a head injury
- Internal bleeding due ecosprin symptoms
- Symptoms of ulnar nerve irritation
- Hit head no bleeding just red dots
- Symptoms of penile numbness
- Head injury and nose bleed
- Symptoms of adult onset diabetes
- Thyroid swelling elbow swelling internal bleeding
- Nose bleed after head injury