What causes night sweats?
User rating for this question
I am a 26 year old female and have had night sweats for 5 consecutive days. I wake up in middle of night completely soaked in sweat and I do not even feel hot.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clinical examination and investigations will help. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. It will be helpful if you give more information about any medicine you are taking or any history of recent illness. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. Night sweats can occur due to different causes.If you are not using excessive bed clothing and the room temperature is not very hot, you can consider following investigations to be helpful :- 1. Blood sugar levels. 2. Complete Blood Count(CBC). 3. ELISA test for tuberculosis. 4. Thyroid profile. 5. Urine examination. Also record your temperature regularly, especially at nights. If night sweats are not due to any underlying medical condition, they are harmless. I hope this is helpful to you. Thanks.
People also viewed
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes severe night sweats
- Painful lump on hard palate
- Akt 4 medicine side effects on menstruation
- Akt 4 side effects and sgot
- Mouth sore on hard palate
- Hard palate pain in mouth
- Can i take nyquil if i took sudafed 7 hours ago
- Groin and inner thigh pain
- What is the youngest age that you can mix lidocaine with rocephin
- What causes periodic night sweats
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes excessive night sweats
- Septra rash after work out
- What happens in the uterus