What causes night sweats?
User rating for this question
I am a 26 year old female and have had night sweats for 5 consecutive days. I wake up in middle of night completely soaked in sweat and I do not even feel hot.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. R.A. Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clinical examination and investigations will help. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing your query. It will be helpful if you give more information about any medicine you are taking or any history of recent illness. After reading your post, I would like to advise that you should get yourself clinically examined and investigated. Night sweats can occur due to different causes.If you are not using excessive bed clothing and the room temperature is not very hot, you can consider following investigations to be helpful :- 1. Blood sugar levels. 2. Complete Blood Count(CBC). 3. ELISA test for tuberculosis. 4. Thyroid profile. 5. Urine examination. Also record your temperature regularly, especially at nights. If night sweats are not due to any underlying medical condition, they are harmless. I hope this is helpful to you. Thanks.
People also viewed
- What causes soaking night sweats
- What causes severe night sweats
- Anti-wrinkle face cream
- Hctz and uric acid levels
- How long does ketamine last
- Scientific process solutions
- Side effects of norethindrone 5mg
- What causes periodic night sweats
- Side effects of nebivolol 5mg
- Parkinson's disease swallowing
- Lamictal depression treatment
- Unasyn iv compatibility
- What causes night sweats in teenagers
- What causes excessive night sweats
- Side effects of glipizide 5mg