What causes night sweats?

ENT Specialist
Question
HI IM 69 YR OLD FEMALE I GET COLD SWEATS ALMOST NITELY FOR PAST YEAR AND NO ONE CAN YELL ME WHY
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please check your thyroid status! Detailed Answer: Hello! Please dont worry! There can be various causes for the night sweats and yu will need some investigations for it! I would be happy if you could get them done and revert back to me with the reports, then i would be able to guide you better Please do 1, Thyroid profile including T3 T4 TSH 2, Complete blood count including ESR and peripheral smear 3. Chest xray 4. Sputum for culture and AFB staining to rule out tuberculosis Please do these and let me know the reports! Wishing you good health Regards