What causes night sweats when suffering from congestive heart failure and low vitamin D level?

my wife has congestive heart failure, and she has a pacemaker and the new 3-wire defib.she has just been diax.with nacl. she has been having severe night sweats, then she will get cold. she has a low vit.d level, and has been on a scripted high dose d. med that we get from pharmacy. can her sweats be from the liver disorder?
Posted Sat, 1 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: Other causes need to be checked for first Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, I am afraid, in her case, a liver problem would not be the first thing, or most probable thing to think about. Associated symptoms liver fever, weight loss and cough would be important in understanding why she is sweating much lately. Poorly controlled heart failure could as well manifest itself with cold extremities and sweating. It is important to know if she presents with any aggravated signs and symptoms of heart failure or not. A more recent chest X ray and cardiac ultrasound would be good indicators. Elsewhere, numerous causes of sweating like thyroid disease, infections, Tuberculosis could explain sweating. Liver problems could also do so, but in very very rare circumstances. I do suggest she gets a proper review by her doctor. Thanks as I wish the best of health. Please, do feel free asking follow up questions in case you have extra information or need specific clarifications. I would be glad making my humble contributions. Dr Bain