What causes negative Hydrocodone traces in urine test depite consumint it daily?
User rating for this question
I am taking Hydrocodone through a pain management clinic. I have had several urine tests that show negative??? I do not sell, or give away any of these pills, I am the only person taking them. How can this be? I take one 7.5mg pill per day. I take them several days before the test, and even the morning of the test, and I keep coming up negative? What is wrong and what can I do? Thanks.
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 40 hours later
Brief Answer: Do not worry about this. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. You are taking a very low dose of hydrocodone and we all metabolize medications slightly different. There might be possibility that your levels fall below the threshold of the test. So do not worry about this. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: What causes negative Hydrocodone traces in urine test depite consumint it daily? 3 hours later
How do I explain this to my pain clinic? They want verification that I'm taking my pills not selling them?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 22 hours later
Brief Answer: You can explain to your pain clinic that- Detailed Answer: Hi, You can explain to your pain clinic that this is because hydromorphone is the metabolite of hydrocodone and the liver produces these metabolites in trace amounts and depending on the the threshold of the urine test, false positives of these opioids may occur.
People also viewed
- What should people eat for a heart healthy diet
- What does hydrocodone indicate in a urine test
- I have heart and arm pain
- Bacterial that cause back pain
- What causes arteries to clog in the legs
- Normal echocardiogram as opposed to stress echocardiogram
- Bad back or bad uterus
- Urine test showed positive for hydrocodone cause treatment
- What is the cause of traces of blood in urine
- My blood pressure is 12670 is it normal
- What causes itching with hydrocodone
- Upper back pain that shooting up back
- Lower back injury getting bent backward
- Bacne sleeping on back
- Hydrocodone causes itching what is an alternative