What causes needle like pain on back while standing in sunlight?
User rating for this question
Hi, My age is 24(Male). When change in temperature of body(mostly when body starts sweating ), i am feeling pain like pinching with needle mostly on back part some on different parts of upper body. When it happens I feel like I need to scratch it or rub it. Mostly it happens when i went into sunlight. Can you please tell me what is this. If any please suggest me. Thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 37 hours later
Brief Answer: Cholinergic urticaria Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome to Healthcare Magic. What you are complaining of is called cholinergic urticaria, that is when the skin temperature (surface) changes with either sunlight, hot or cold water, mast cells in the skin release histamine that causes redness and itching. What you need is a long-acting antihistamine like Cetirizine 10mg (up to two tablets a day 12hrs apart) or Fexofenadine 180mg once daily. You can keep Dermocalm lotion to soothe the skin after a shower. Do not scrub skin as pressure can also lead to urticaria. If it gets severe, I would suggest the following tests: Hemogram Ferritin levels Liver function tests Uric acid Basic Allergy profile (such as dust mite levels, cockroach and total IgE) Fasting sugar and lipid profile Vit D3 levels Best Wishes.
People also viewed
- Clonate f cream skin allergy
- What causes middle back pain
- Low nasal bridge in infants
- Stringy brown discharge on depo provera
- Brown stringy period on depo
- Clindamyci and sulpha allergies
- When is knuckle broken, fractured or bruised
- What causes back pain while taking oxycodone
- Cause of back pain while sleeping
- Mediterranean climate good for allergies
- What causes upper back pain
- Clindamycin ok to take with sulfa allergy
- What causes severe back pain
- Broken femur marijuana
- Itchy clitoris due to food allergy