What causes neck pain and ear fullness after a lumbar puncture?

I had a lumbar puncture with intrathecal XXXXXXX done on Dec 16, 2013 for a possible csf leak. Ever since I have had terrible neck pain and ear fullness (sometimes feels like water in my ears). I try to pop my ears all the time with no relief. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 19 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 3 hours later
Brief Answer: This could be meningeal irritation or infection. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. XXXXXXX used in lumbar puncture can cause meningeal irritation leading to such symptoms. Again since the needle was introduced in closed thecal sac, possibility of meningitis is also likely , particularly in view of neck pain. This should be brought to your doctor's notice without any further delay.Even though it turns out precautionary, I would surely like to rule out possibility of meningitis without delay. Hope this answers your query.Please ask if there are doubts. Regards.