What causes neck pain and body weakness ?

I have bad fatigue, body weakness, chronic cervical neck pain, wheezing upon breathing and hip and lower back pain with gastrointestinal issues, abdominal cramping and pain. My recent blood work revealed XXXXXXX , anti nuclear AB titer 1:320 Nucleolar pattern and HLA-B27 Antigen positive. I am awaiting xray results of C-spine, pelvis, hips and chest. What may my DX be?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 minutes later

Thanks for your query ,

After going through your query I could think of some possibilities but to arrive at one specific cause it think it needs more than what you have provided . A detailed examination and the xrays could have helped me to arrive at more specific diagnosis.

The likely possibilities I have in my thoughts are :

1) Polymyositis which is supported by the symptoms you have and both XXXXXXX titers and HLA B27 positive.

2)Ankylosing spondylitis , here the cervical pain and the chest symptoms can be explained and it needs a detailed examination of the eye to rule out Uveitis which is commonly associated with this illness.

3)Sharp's syndrome ( Mixed connective tissue disease ) , this is based on the XXXXXXX titers and the symptoms you have to rule out this cause there is need for a detailed physical examinations to check for connective tissue defects.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.