What causes neck and shoulder pain,swelling and numbness on neck and chin after breast cancer recovery?
User rating for this question
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Due to cervical degenerative changes. Detailed Answer: Hi, Symptoms you have described seems to be due to cervical degenerative changes causes compression over nerve fibres and vascular structure resulting in numbness and dizziness. Xray of cervical spine lat view and mri of affected region will be helpful to diagnose the condition. Avoid lifting weight over neck, avoid pillows or using thin one. Doing hot fomatation and applying muscle relaxant gel will be helpful. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have any more concerns. Take care.
Follow-up: What causes neck and shoulder pain,swelling and numbness on neck and chin after breast cancer recovery? 1 hour later
Does the vascular compression pose a stroke or other risk?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 17 hours later
Brief Answer: It does not pose stroke or any other risk. Detailed Answer: Hi, It does not pose stroke or any other risk. Intermittent vertebral artery compression by cervical osteophytic spurs to be the cause of vertigo(dizziness). The resultant effect is in the vertebrobasilar circulation that supplies the part of the brain involved in balance.
People also viewed
- Dizzy when lying down and cold sweats
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck and shoulder breast cancer
- Cause of lower right ribcage cramps
- Can lipomas cause muscle cramping
- Steroids causing leg cramps
- Diziness with cold feet
- Numb hand and breast cancer
- Lump on neck after breast cancer remission
- What causes crusty elbows
- Arm numbness breast cancer
- Lump in neck after breast cancer
- Micro discectomy and cold feet
- Ringing in ears dizziness cold sweats
- Crystal meth causes neck pain
- Danger sitting in cold