What causes nausea,watery stools and stomach distension when suffering from Chroins disease?

General Surgeon
I have Chroins disease. I recently passed a kidney stone that is now lodged at the entrance to the bladder. I have been experiencing nausea, watery stools, night time leakage, stomach distension, leg and foot cramps and fullness of stomach after a small meal. I am on the BRAT diet, second day and see little improvement. Any suggestions. In 2006 I had a DVT and PE
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Ultrasound of kidney ureter and bladder required Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Dear Mr XXXXXXX Wishing you a very happy new year I would advise you the following 1. Do get a Ultrasound abdomen: To rule out dilatation of ureter secondary to impacted stone at Uretero-Vesical junction( junction of ureter with urinary bladder) , I assume you specified to it when you mentioned entrance into the bladder 2. Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy: As you are having post prandial fullness( fullness of stomach after meals) , it's very important to rule out Gastric ulcer or Crohn affection of stomach. 3. At the time of ultrasound of abdomen, do get color duplex Ultrasound examination of venous system of lower limbs to rule out post dvt syndrome ad the cause of leg camps. It's also advisable to stop smoking or nicotine consumption in any form if at all you have the habit of doing so. It leads to exacerbation of symptom. I would suggest you to consult and discuss these suggestions with your Physician and plan further management. Wishing you a very happy and healthy life. Take care In case you require any further assistance, will be glad to assist you. Best regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon