What causes nausea,dizziness and headaches after takoing Flonase?

Question
I have been falling over backwards and to my left side when I try to get out of bed and/or stand up since Sunday and it is Wednesday. I saw a nurse practitioner at Walgreen's Monday and she prescribed flonase for diagnosis of viaral cold and congested sinuses without ear infection. I used it for 3 doses as ordered: 1 spray in each nostril twice a day. Then I became nauseated, I had a severe hot flash for the first time, yesterday. I stopped taking it. I had my uterus removed when I was 42 due to fibroid tumor. I have to use natural progesterone cream or I can't sleep at all for days. I had ringing in ears for years. There is heavy snow outside and I planned on going to urgent care tomorrow if I don't get better the dizziness is slightly better after I started drinking gatorade last night. thank you I also have a diagnosis of complex partial seizure disorder and take tegretol 150 mg at night. before I took the medicine I had slight dizziness, never this bad and also I fell asleep standing up and had staring episodes. It is a lot better now except for the recent situation. I have used the tegretol for 20 years. It helped a lot. I don't fall asleep standing up anymore.
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: take antihistamines like cinnarizine for giddiness Detailed Answer: Hi, Flonase is a steroid spray used for allergies. some patients may show brisk sensitive response to nasal sprays. nervous system side effects like dizziness, headache and nausea are seen in 1-2% of those who take these. I would suggest you to take antihistamines like cinnarizine for your giddiness. you need not worry, it will settle down shortly. meanwhile, take plenty of fruit juices. the dizziness was a problem before I took flonase. All the best.

Follow-up: What causes nausea,dizziness and headaches after takoing Flonase? 21 minutes later
the dizziness was a problem before I took flonase.

Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: vestibular neuronitis, a common cause of giddiness Detailed Answer: hi, I got your point. Now that you say you had it earlier, might not be related to the spray. It could be related to viral cold that you had, which probably had infected your labrynth- vestibular neuronitis, a common cause of giddiness.. In any case, cinnarizine would help. All the best.