What causes nausea,bloating,diarrhoea and appetite loss when on antibiotics?

Question
I HAVE ALSO BEEN TAKING ANTI-BIOTICS, ZINNAT 500MG. WHICH HAVE BROKEN THE THE FEVER FROM THE FLU. I AM RT. HANDED AND HAVE HAVE DEVELOPED TENDONIS IN MY RIGHT SHOULDER OVER TH PAST TEN MONTHS. I HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER MY FINGERS HOWEVER .... I HAVE LOST MY APPITITE.
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....There is nothing to worry as it is temporary. Detailed answer.... Hello, Thanks for the query. I can understand your problem but let me assure you that this is all temporary and shall pass gradually. Antibiotics are definitely hard on stomach and it is very common to get nausea,vomiting,bloating,diarrhoea,loss of appetite etc with use of antibiotics. Not all people get all the symptoms as mentioned above,however they are temporary and pass away gradually after stopping of antibiotics. Your difficulty in writing seems to be due to the low electrolytes and would be all right with proper rehydration,taking coconut water and taking soups and fruit juices. Eat light and frequently and take foods which are gentle and easy on your stomach. Eat foods which are of your liking. Do some light exercise. Take meals which are high in calories and proteins. Try some liquid protein drinks. Take some probiotics for few days. Just relax and wait as gradually you shall be all right. I hope it helps,however you may revert to me for any further query. Best of luck Thanks