What causes nausea with body aches and stomach infection?
User rating for this question
six days ago I had a lumpy sore throad that lasted about 24 hours, then nausea and vomiting for about 5 hours. On the third day body aches, head ache, queasy stomach. From the 4th day on, poor appetite but other symptoms gone or not severe. I still have not regained my appetite and the thought of food makes me queasy. Also, fitful sleep, night sweats. I am feeling better each day but concerned about having no appetite and living on mostly liquids and soft diet.
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Infection. Detailed Answer: Hello! Thank you for the query. Your symptoms are caused by some infection (viral or bacterial). Hiatal hernia has nothing to do with it. Due to an infection, your digestive tract does not work property. That is why, nausea, vomiting, queasy stomach appears. Headache and body aches are general signs of any infection. After such infection GI tract needs some time to get back to normal. You can help with it by probiotic intake. It contains good intestinal bacteria which helps protect digestive tract against infection. Please try it and if after few days your appetite wont normalize, you should consult your doctor. Gastroscopy might be necessary as stomach inflammation can appear as well. Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions. Regards.
People also viewed
- Stomach infection causes
- Ganaton tablet gerd
- What causes nausea with body aches and stomach infection
- Tobacco dip acid reflux
- Skoal pouches casue heart burn
- Lumps in armpit and pins and needles in same arm
- Dom citalopram heart burn
- Memory loss lazy eye and absence seizures in children
- Recurrent stomach infection causes
- Stomach infection causing whole body to ache
- Medicine to reduce belly fat
- What cause and treatment for stomach infection
- Medicine to stop farting at night
- Menstrual bleeding after hernia repair
- Having heartburn after coffee enema