What causes nausea when on medication for strep throat?

I was on a dose of 500 mg 2 pills twice a day for strep throat . I finished the meds 2 days ago but I am nauseas and have thrown up a few times. I have had barely any food in 10 days first because of the strep and now because I am nauseous and end up throwing up water and bile. How long will this be in my system ? I can not reach my dr. tonight so than you!
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: gastric ulcer Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. You must have been prescribed antibiotic for streptococcal infection. Antibiotics are known to cause gastric ulcer. Probably you are getting nausea due to gastric ulcer. I prescribe antacids for this. Please take tablet Pantoprazole daily for a week. You may get relief. Meet a gastroenterologist if symptoms persist. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you