What causes nausea every morning?

Hi, I'm wondering how early morning sickness starts. We have been trying to get pregnant, my period is not due till Sunday however I have been really nauseous this morning and had severe sudden cramps last night for about an hour
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Morning sickness not a definitive sign of pregnanc Detailed Answer: Dear Friend. Hi , I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern. Morning Sickness occurs in 1st trimester of pregnancy. It is called as Morning sickness as it occurs mostly in the morning time , however , it can occur during any time of the day. There may be nausea associated with or without Vomitings. It is very difficult to say , that it is due to pregnancy or not. Sometimes it's due to acidity. You may wait till sunday , if your period gets missed, after a week of that you can do home urine pregnancy kit test. In case you are pregnant , we will discuss than treatment options for morning sisckness. In case , you have acidity , avoid taking proton pump inhibitors like Pantoprazole , Rabeprazole , as they should be avoided in 1st trimester of pregnancy. However , i prefer to give Ranitidine for acidity problems in pregnancy. You may discuss with your doctor for that. So , i would like to conclude that , morning sickness can not be taken as a definitive sign of pregnancy , however , it might occur in early pregnancy , even before you miss your periods. This is my personal opinion based on details available here. If you still have any query you may please ask me. Stay Healthy. Dr Anshul Varshney , MD