What causes nausea, diarrhea, gas and stomach pain?
User rating for this question
Hello! I had a stomach virus or food poisoning or something like that, that ended a week ago and it lasted for about a week. I had a lot of gas and nausea and diarrhea. The diarrhea only lasted for two or three days but the gas and the stomach upset continued for another 4 or 5. I'm finally feeling a little bit better, and I'm able to eat almost anything that I want to, but I'm still having occasional stomach pain and sensitivity. Even something like drinking a cup of coffee will irritate my stomach. I've always had acid reflux, but it seems to be worse now. Do I just wait this out and be careful with what I eat and drink, or should I go see somebody because it's lasted so long? Thank you!
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Possible acute gastritis.... Detailed Answer: Hi, I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. The symptoms you have experienced are due to acute inflammation of the stomach (gastritis). I suggest to be careful with the food you are eating: - avoid spicy/chillies - avoid carbonated drinks - drink more water - take antiacids - take tasectan for diarrhea - take probiotics to optimize the intestinal flora If the symptoms will persist for the next week, I suggest to consult a GI physician for further evaluation and specific treatment. Wish fast recovery! Dr.Klerida P.s. Feel free to ask me other queries you might have!
People also viewed
- Diagnosis of Carious infection
- What is the cause for stomach pain and diarrhea
- What causes stomach pain diarrhea and flatulence smell
- What causes orange diarrhea with stomach pain
- Pinkish color in bowel movement http
- Bowel movements gold color
- What causes stomach pain with bloating and diarrhea
- Yello ochre colour bowel motions
- Diagnosis of Nasal petechiae
- Loose bowels everyday colonoscopy normal
- Pistachios effect color of bowel movement
- Drugs/medication for Tooth demineralization
- Drugs/medication for Undernutrition
- What causes nausea diarrhea gas and stomach pain
- Diagnosis of Ovarian hormonal disorder