What causes nausea and mild burning sensation in my stomach?

Excellent

Gastroenterologist
Question
I started with loss if appetite about two days ago as of yesterday I have experienced nausea and mild burning sensation in stomach I also vomited once this morning I also have students with stomach virus dies this sound like a virus and would a virus increase acid production
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Typical signs for stomach bug... Detailed Answer: Hi, The nausea and mild burning sensation in your stomach together with vomiting are typical signs of stomach bug. Usually, stomach bug is also associated with increased acid production. I'd suggest to: - drink more water - take otc tasectan, ors, and probiotics for the diarrhea - have light soups (with carrots) or banana with yogurt - avoid spicy, fatty foods - keep good hand hygiene If the symptoms will worsen or you'd have high fever, should consult your physician to rule out bacterial infection. If bacterial infection is set, a course with antibiotics is needed. Wish you fast recovery! Dr.Klerida Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!

Follow-up: What causes nausea and mild burning sensation in my stomach? 6 minutes later
Can you have a stomach virus without diarrhea my bowel movements are so far normal

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: There are a variety of symptoms for viral infectio Detailed Answer: Hi my dear, Yes, although you do not have diarrhea, you might be suffering of stomach bug. Usually viral infections have a variety of symptoms, including gastro-intestinal (with/without diarrhea) or generalized fatigue (most of the time). Wish you fast recovery! Dr.Klerida

Follow-up: What causes nausea and mild burning sensation in my stomach? 11 minutes later
Thank you for your assistance

Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Happy to have assisted you! Detailed Answer: Hi back my dear, You're most welcomed! Happy to have assisted you! Dr.Klerida If you are satisfied with my answer, kindly close this thread and send your positive feedback by rating it. Thank you!