What causes nausea and diarrhea with abdominal pain?

Have had severe pain in left part of my side beneath rib cage for two days . Nausea, diarrhea , and unable to rest. Am unable to get to my family doctor. Live n the South and have been homebound. Have had gastro and food poisoning in the past. Seems similar symptoms . Haven't eaten anything that I would suspect to cause this! Had a salad 3 days ago , plus sour cream, from the local deli . Otherwise been eating bananas, yogurt, drinking water, finally took Kaeopectate this morning . Soothed it temporarily .
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Sounds like gastroenteritis Detailed Answer: Hi, I am Dr Saumya Mittal. With the symptoms of loose stools and abdominal pain, I would think of acute gastroenteritis as the first possibility, especially in presence of nausea. The other possibility would have been severe gastritis, but usually does not cause diarrhea. I would suggest the following tests 1. usg abdomen 2. stool routine 3. fbs, lft and kft 4. cbc I think you should have plenty of fluids with electrolytes and multivitamins. Keep a check on the urine volume. And meet a local doctor for a prescription of antibiotics. I hope that this answers your query. Any further queries are welcome. Please feel free to ask the same Best of luck Dr Saumya Mittal