What causes nausea and abdominal pain?

Rheumatologist
Question
If you can't eat, you have nausea, and hate the smell of food but also have abdominal pain, what could be wrong?
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on HCM. Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is possible that you could be having a stomach infection as abdominal pain and nausea points towards that . I will advise you to see a physician for this as the location of pain is important to localise the infection . You will need an antibiotic like ofloxacin along with probiotic supplement . A proton pump inhibitor will be helpful like pantaprazole . But still a USG abdomen will also be done if your treating physician feels so . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What causes nausea and abdominal pain? 3 minutes later
Could it be that I am pregnant? Because I think I had sex during ovulation period

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, There is a possibilty definitely that you may be pregnant . I think you should have urine pregnancy test to rule this out . Dr. Shruti